Eurox oxygen sensors DiRox1500-elpro
The oxygen sensor DiRox1500-elpro measures oxygen content in exhaust gas, thereby helping to increase the efficiency of the furnace. It is specially designed for application at high temperature in regenerative furnaces in hollow glass or flat glass production where a short reaction time is required due to atmosphere changes during reversal of the firing-side.
Advantages at a glance:
- Increased furnace efficiency
- high temperature oxygen sensor with unique electrodes attached by spring forces up to 1500 °C
- fast reaction at changing atmosphere
- long lifetime due to the patented active ceramic diffusion block and the particular electrode protection (elpro)
- fast and safe installation within 2 hours by the EUROX Holding Device, flexible and adaptable to all furnace geometries
The sensor DiRox1500-elpro consists of a monolithic zirconium (ZrO2) tube, which is gas-tight and enables fast and safe installation. Attached to the zirconium tube are the solid, inner and outer electrodes, made of a special chemical resistant platinum alloy. Both electrodes are constantly pressed against the zirconium tube by compressive spring force, thereby allowing continuous operation. In addition, this measuring cell can operate in reduced atmospheres of up to approx. 1500 °C and in spite of any chemical attacks.
This measuring cell is installed in a protection tube, which has a measuring hole on the tip and additional side bores as inlet for the measuring gas to assure a fast reaction without any mechanical gas extraction.
The outer platinum electrode is separated from the measuring gas by a permeable, patented active ceramic diffusion block and special electrode protection (elpro) developed by EUROX. This offers full protection for the measuring cell against attacks by harmful components of the exhaust gases.
The DiRox1500-elpro sensor is optimized for atmosphere control of regenerative operated glass melting furnaces with alternating firing-sides and changing atmospheres e.g. preheated combustion air and furnace exhaust gases.
Mounting and holding devices
The holding and mounting device HD-TOP allows easy and safe installation and is designed to affix the EUROX oxygen sensors on top of the regenerator roofs (crowns) of glass melting furnaces. Its multiple settings possibilities enable adaptions to varying roof geometries. The diameter between the legs of the holder can be extended from 140 mm up to 375 mm.
The unique design and fast adjustment of the threaded footholds and central supporting tube eases the work in harsh conditions.
The installation is simplified by two adjustment steps: a first, rough adjustment of the installation height of the device on the footholds and a fine setting of the threaded central supporting tube. An easily attachable mounting device and the improved thermal shock-resistant design of the oxygen sensor enables a safe, easy and fast insertion in steps of 5 cm every 5 minutes without having the trouble of preheating of the sensor separately.
Reference air supplies
A suitable supply of reference air to the oxygen sensors is of utmost importance for the accuracy of the oxygen-readings and for the lifetime of the sensors. Inserted air is used as the reference gas and the zirconium cell’s measuring principle is based on the comparison of oxygen content of the measuring gas with that of the reference gas. Air with a constant oxygen content of 20,9 % is commonly used as reference gas.
To assure correct sensor operation, EUROX has developed a reference air unit with unique features and comprehensive equipment to increase the operational reliability:
- double diaphragm pumps with special membranes and high pressure and suction power
- a pressure control valve and two manometers for easy functional checks
- an "air-pulsing"unit: a unique feature developed by EUROX allows for stable, long-term dosage of air between approx. 0.3 and 2,0 l/h
- the unit also ensures efficient operation over many years and vastly increased filter life-span
- 2 Filters: a fine filter (99,99 % / > 0,1µm) and an activated carbon filter (to remove oil mist from the air)
- pressure alarm switch (wired to a potential-free relay)